Thursday, February 20, 2014

Four Years

SO exactly one week and a day ago I graduated! I am DONE with High School! (Yay!)
                                                   (My first and last day of school!)
I started this blog when I was a freshman, and it's honestly a miracle that this thing is still up. I have almost deleted it multiple times. I mean, I wrote and drew some embarrassing stuff back then! However, I saw this tweet today and it made me think of why I've kept this blog so long:

My art has changed a LOT since my freshman year. For one thing, I gave up my Anime/Manga Artist dream (thank goodness!!) and secondly I started mainly using watercolors. However, as terrible as I think my art was back then, I loved it and thought it was AWESOME when I drew it. It's my history, it's led me to where I am today in my art, and I wouldn't change it.
I feel lucky that I had fun in High School. Freshman, Sophomore, and Junior year are times I think of fondly. I had great friends and some pretty amazing adults in my life. Senior year was a tough one, since I moved, but it turned out to be a great opportunity for growth both in my art and in my faith. I also had the opportunity during my High School career to do some personal commissions and illustrate my first book! It's been a great four years and I cannot wait to learn a bunch more amazing art stuff during college.

                                                        A picture I drew Freshman year.
 A picture I drew Senior year.
Here's to the next four years!

1 comment:

Template developed by Confluent Forms LLC; more resources at BlogXpertise